2018 CASE Pathway Adoption Grant Program
Pending funding support provided by a USDA Professional Development Opportunity for Secondary School Teachers (PD-STEP) grant, NAAE, on behalf of the CASE initiative, is seeking 22 teachers to participate as a cohort in a multi-year grant program. The deadline is April 15, 2018, however grant applications will be granted after review of qualifications until all available grants have been awarded. The grant will provide awardees the following benefits:
- Full registration fee to complete specialization course certification in either the Animal and Plant Biotechnology (APB) or Food Science and Safety (FSS) CASE Institute during summer 2018. Please note: travel is not provided and is the responsibility of the school or teacher.
- Full registration fee to complete capstone course certification in Agricultural Research and Development (ARD) through an online professional development during either the fall 2018 or the summer 2019.
- Up to 55 CASE Online accounts provided over two years for students enrolled in specialization and capstone courses to complete End-of-Course Assessments.
- $500 in Ward's Scientific products plus a 25% Ward's Scientific discount to assist in the implementation of the specialization and capstone CASE courses.
- The total value of the grant is estimated to be approximately $6,125.00 per awardee.
To be eligible for this grant, each applicant must be an agriculture teacher who is currently certified and teaching Introduction to Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources (AFNR) and either Principles of Agricultural Science - Animal (ASA) or Principles of Agricultural Science - Plant (ASP) CASE courses.
2018 CASE Institute Scholarships for Agricultural Power and Technology and Mechanical Systems in Agriculture
With the goal of supporting workforce development and sparking student interest in the equipment manufacturing industry, the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), in partnership with the Equipment Dealers Association (EDA) generously sponsored Agricultural Power and Technology (APT) and Mechanical Systems in Agriculture (MSA) CASE Institute scholarships for agriculture teachers. Each partial CASE Institute scholarships is valued at $2,000. The deadline to apply has passed and awardees will be notified in the coming weeks. CASE is grateful for the generous support of AEM and EDA.
2018 CASE Institute Scholarships for all Courses
Generous support from the CHS Foundation and Firestone through the National FFA Foundation will provide partial CASE Institute scholarships for award winners. The deadline to apply has passed and awardees will be notified in the coming weeks. CASE is grateful to the CHS Foundation and Firestone for their generous support.
2018 CASE Institute Scholarships through Farm Credit East
Through the generous support from Farm Credit East, partial CASE Institutes scholarships are available for teachers from Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island. Please note, this excludes Clinton and Essex counties in New York and Cheshire, Coos, Grafton and Sullivan counties in New Hampshire. For more information or to complete the Farm Credit East CASE Institute Scholarship Application, please click this link. The deadline to apply is April 2, 2018.
CASE Grant from DuPont Pioneer
The DuPont Pioneer Grant Application deadline has passed. For the fifth year in a row, DuPont Pioneer offered grants to public and private schools and universities to assist with the implementation of CASE in the 2017-2018 school year. Teachers were able to apply for grants up to $5,000 for implementing the CASE program in their schools including teacher training and classroom resources. Grant awardees were announced by DuPont Pioneer in December.
If you are interested in becoming a CASE Scholarship or Grant Sponsor, click here for more information.