Thank you for your interest in CASE Professional Development!
CASE prides itself on providing transformative professional development each summer. For 2021 only, all CASE professional development will be held virtually in order to address the constraints created by the COVID-19 pandemic. We hope for a return to face-to-face professional development in 2022. In order to ensure we can provide PD for as many courses as possible next year, we are still working with hosts to develop the schedule for summer 2021. As a result, our usual opening of registration in December will be delayed until January.
We know ag teachers are planners, and that you are already looking to next year's calendar. This is the most up-to-date information we can provide for you to begin looking ahead.
Virtual Institute FAQs
When will the 2021 costs and schedule be available?
- The final schedule will not be finalized until January 1, 2021. However, the tentative information will be available mid-December on case4learning.org under the Events tab. Please be aware that details viewed before January 1 could still change.
How much should I budget?
- Costs will be finalized by January 1, 2021 to allow hosts enough time to plan.
- A range for costs is $2,200-$3,200.
When will registration open?
- Registration opens for the general public on January 15, 2021.
- If you were approved for Probationary certification in 2020, check your email for separate instructions for registration.
What is the time commitment for a virtual institute?
- Institutes will occur during a scheduled block of time just like our in-person events.
- Participants are expected to attend live virtual sessions.
- Each day will have 4-5 hours of work expected.
Why is the cost similar to in-person events if we don’t need lodging and food?
- The price is comparable to an in-person event because the amount usually allocated to hotels/meals will be spent on materials that will be sent directly to you.
What materials will I receive?
- Itemized lists of the equipment and supplies participants will receive will be available on the CASE website by mid-December.
When does registration close?
- Registration closes April 15, 2021 at 11:59pm. This deadline is essential to getting your materials shipped to you prior to the beginning of training.
I received a scholarship in 2020. Can I use it for virtual training?
- Yes! All 2020 deferred scholarships must be used in 2021. They will not roll over to 2022.
What if I miss a day of the institute?
- Every effort should be made to attend all training, as your certification will not be finalized until you complete all activities. This may require you to attend the missed portion later in the summer with another event.
How will training be conducted?
- CASE Institutes will be facilitated through Google Classroom and Zoom/Google Meets.
Will I be able to take a virtual institute in 2022 and beyond?
- We anticipate returning to in-person events in 2022. If a virtual event works best for your schedule and lifestyle, 2021 may be the perfect year for you to be trained.
What are ways I can stay up-to-date when things change?
I still have a question; who can help me?
We appreciate your flexibility as CASE works to provide you with tools to deliver agriculture education in 2021 and beyond. We look forward to “seeing” you soon!